On the occasion of its 40th anniversary, the Right Livelihood Foundation is hosting a series of conferences on three different continents throughout the year 2020. Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, two further conferences have been postponed.
The first conference on “Education for Right Livelihood – Connecting Activism and Academia” took place in Bangkok, Thailand from February 20-22, 2020. More than a dozen of Right Livelihood Award Laureates participated to discuss best practices on sharing their knowledge and experience with the wider public, focussing on ways to connect academic knowledge and activist experience as well as to strengthen links between generations.
The Bangkok conference coincides with the 10th anniversary of the Right Livelihood College network and was jointly organised by the RLC Campus Bangkok at the School for Wellbeing Studies and Research and the Right Livelihood Foundation.
Click here and here for more information and read the concept note here.
Click here to watch the the broadcast of the conference.
Participating Right Livelihood Award Laureates:
- Nnimmo Bassey, Right Livelihood Award 2010
- Basil Fernando / Asian Human Rights Commission, Right Livelihood Award 2014
- Colin Gonsalves, Right Livelihood Award 2017
- Neshan Gunasekera, legacy holder of Judge Christopher Weeramantry, Right Livelihood Award 2007
- Mona Abouleish Lenzen, representing SEKEM, Right Livelihood Award 2003
- Fiore Longo, representing Survival International, Right Livelihood Award 1989
- Raúl Montenegro, Right Livelihood Award 2004
- Rosana Fernandes, representing the Landless Workers’ Movement (MST), Right Livelihood Award 1991
- Nicanor Perlas, Right Livelihood Award 2003
- Vandana Shiva, Right Livelihood Award 1993
- Suciwati, representing Minur Said Thalib, Right Livelihood Award 2000
- Ryoko Oikawa, Yuriko Yoshino, Miyuki Kinoshita, Hiromi Fukuzumi, Seikatsu Club Consumers’ Co-operative, Right Livelihood Award 1989
- Sulak Sivaraksa, Right Livelihood Award 1995
- Caitlin Stronell, representing Citizens’ Nuclear Information Center (CNIC), Right Livelihood Award 1997